Following on from my last report on uNav on Ubuntu Touch, I have done some further testing with uNav locally. I had one navigation hang-up using version 3.1 which seemed to have something to do with the location service on my Sony Xperia X failing but have had no further problems since then. The most recent test was done using landscape mode and this worked fine:
There is now version 3.2 so I shall update and give that a test too.
I have decided that I need to give libertine containers a go as this seems to be the only way to get my beloved firefox working on Ubuntu Touch. It is also one of the reasons I got interested in Ubuntu Touch in the first place because it seemed to offer a way of combining desktop and mobile devices.
First of all I did some reading up in the ubports documentation, it all appeared fairly straightforward (if you speak fluent command line which I don´t). Automatic setting up the container via the settings page took quite a while but did finish eventually. I have had several attempts to install packages from archives as well as from defined addresses but have had, so far, no success. Total failure in fact.
More reading up is necessary and shall update to OTA-13 first….